Small Ford Car Club Forum
Small Ford Car Club Forum
Home | Merchandise | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Club Events
 Official Club Plates Calendar
 Broke Village Fair & Vintage Car Display 10/09/17
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Sharee
Small Ford Master

Australia

423 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2017 :  12:16:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Broke Village Fair Hunter Valley
Sunday, 10th September 2017 from 9am - 3pm
McNamara Park, Broke

From their website:

Join us at the Broke Village Fair on Sunday, 10th September from 9am – 3pm at McNamara Park, Broke. The famous Vintage Car Display brings all sorts of vintage and classic cars, motorbikes, trucks and tractors and an amazing array of vintage farm machinery.

The kids will love the amusement rides and the petting zoo while mum and dad can enjoy the festival atmosphere. Over 60 market stalls, children’s activities and rides, live music, bush poetry, Tug-o-War, rocker car racing and so much more throughout day.

Free mine tours to Bulga Open Cut mine will operate between 10am and 1.30pm for the whole family.

Entry: gold coin donation. Monies raised will go to local community groups including the Broke Fire Brigade and Broke Hall.

The Fair Line-up

Tug-O-War Novice and Amateur Event
Fancy yourself a bit of a tug-o-war champ from way back? Nudge and the boys from the Macquarie Tug-o-War team are ready to take you on. It’s 6 a side, open to female and male, with junior and senior competitions. Don’t be shy – grab your burly mates (or not so burly) and see if you can bring them down!

Shannon-logoRocker Cover Car Racing: Prizes to win!
Fun for the family! Build your own car from a rocker cover and bring it along -- these mighty little cars have no motor, they are gravity powered! The cars will race in timed heats on our custom made 9 metre, 2 lane track. If you would like to enter a car, see below for the rules or email Jody jody@adamae.com.au

Prizes from Mike's Auto Parts

1st Prize: $200 Voucher + Light Bar
2nd Prize: $100 Voucher
3rd Prize: $50 Voucher
Mine Tours to Bulga Open Cut – Bus Area
Jump on a bus for a Mine Tour to Bulga Open Cut at 10am, 11.30am and 1.30pm. You’ll learn about the whole mining process from our mine tour guides and you will see the mine equipment at work from the viewing area. Tours will leave on the hour from the designated bus area at the Fair. (Subject to weather conditions)

Vintage and Classic Car Display
Make sure you allow plenty of time to wander through the vintage and classic car display - hundreds of vintage and classic cars, motorcycles and trucks for you to discover and enjoy as car clubs from all over NSW make the trip to Broke for the day.

Vintage Farm Machinery Display
Come and check out the vintage farm machinery which will be operating thanks to the Hunter Valley Vintage Farm Machinery Club.

Bush Poetry - Centre Stage - 11am and 12pm
For a cracking good yarn, join master storyteller and bush poet Bob Skelton AKA the Minmi Magster as he entertains the audience with his hilarious tales of mishaps, mayhem and calamity with poems, yarns and jokes relating to all facets of Aussie life. You can join in and share a story, yarn, poem or joke with him.

Chainsaw sculptor Stan Ray will amaze as works of art emerge from wood. It’s well worth a look!

Artist Blacksmith Doug Moseley will share his passion with smithing demonstrations on his portable forge.

Market stalls, local wines and food
With over 60 market stalls featuring local arts, crafts and fresh produce there will be something for everyone. Make some time to chat to local winemakers and olive growers and taste our local wines and olives.

Grab a bite to eat from our food outlet's – try the good old fair food from Lions and Rotary, pizza, or indulge in some Greek, Thai or Mexican cuisine. There will be plenty of tables and chairs or pull up a hay bale and soak up the atmosphere while you eat.

Music – Centre Stage
Live musical entertainment will be provided by local band The Broke Boys with some guest appearances by undiscovered local talent.

And there will be dancing, singing and karate demonstrations from our local groups, keep listening to the announcements for times of the display.

And something for the kids…

Petting Zoo
Come and meet, pat and feed the animals at the Broke petting zoo. Check out the chooks, sheep and guinea pigs all from our local farms. Don’t forget to guess the weight of the cow. Get up close and personal with the rescue donkeys and meet 'Humphrey' the donkey.

In addition to the petting zoo, there will be plenty of children’s entertainment including the jumping castles, face painting and more.

FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE FAIR

Contact Jody Derrick on 0400 434 130
Stallholders: Contact Maxine alexandermaxine6@gmail.com or 02 6579 1036

Entry to the Fair is by gold coin donation, monies raised go to local community groups.

RULES:

Broke Village Fair and Vintage Car Display Rocker Cover Races

What is rocker cover car racing? Rocker cover racing is a competitive event - vehicles are made from a valve cover from an internal combustion car engine, Valve cover racing is most commonly seen at car shows.

Competitors must construct a vehicle using a rocker cover from a car's engine. Usually it must have four wheels. It can be decorated or modified within the rules set by the organizing body. The rocker cover is powered by gravity. In a rocker cover race, two or more racing rocker covers are placed at the top of a specially constructed incline, which can be straight or curved. They are released at the same time and the first to cross a finish line at the bottom of the incline wins the race. Win lights or timers may be used to more accurately determine the winner of a race. Rocker cover racing is often an event for children at car shows, although adult valve cover race events are also seen. Rules vary – depending on the organiser.

The racetrack is a dual track – two cars at a time compete and the winner of each round progresses to the next round.

Cars must retain at least 75% of the original rocker cover.
Cars must not have any form of mechanical propulsion or steering.
Cars must weigh no more than 4 kg.
Cars must not be wider than 200mm.
Cars must not be longer, with all fixtures, than 500mm.
Sponsorship logos, racing stickers and car names are all encouraged.
Constructors wishing to wear racing clothes, fireproof overalls, helmets, etc., do so at their own risk of being laughed at.
Downforce wings, spoilers, air dams, etc., are all permitted provided they come within the nominated maximum dimensions of the car. They probably won't do any good, but we will all get a good chuckle out of them.
Cars must have a bumper bar, or external rigid spoiler or fixture, the full width of the car, no more than 40mm above the track and protruding no more than 3cm from the front of the car. This is for starting and timing purposes.

jaycees
Small Ford Master

Australia

488 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2017 :  17:34:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where are we meeting for this cruise ? Sounds like a full on day in Broke alone. and what time is start off?

White Mk1 Twin Cam
Mk2 Green Sundowner
Mk1 RS2000 Radical Paint
Go to Top of Page

hendo
Small Ford Enthusiast

84 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2017 :  20:21:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a good day.
i will try to attend this trip out (work load permitting)
Go to Top of Page

1300_super
Small Ford Enthusiast

Australia

29 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2017 :  21:10:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for adding details Sharee. Not sure I can attend but its great to see yet another event available to the members
Go to Top of Page

mymrk2
Small Ford Enthusiast

Australia

80 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2017 :  09:55:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was really looking forward to this event but now I have to fly out on Sunday for a work conference

Have a great time guys and post lots of photos.

Glenn

Mk2 Cortina 440L
Go to Top of Page

jaycees
Small Ford Master

Australia

488 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2017 :  14:46:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone coming, I have the sheets for directions on this run, which will be handed out at the meeting point, just googled the run and looks like some great country to drive through to Broke, see you there,

hands up to be there ......

White Mk1 Twin Cam
Mk2 Green Sundowner
Mk1 RS2000 Radical Paint
Go to Top of Page

hendo
Small Ford Enthusiast

84 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2017 :  19:33:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dam Trucks, I should have been a dentist!
Just got home from work and I will be working most of tomorrow now.
I will have to catch the next run out.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Small Ford Car Club Forum © 2007 Bud DaDude Web Productions Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03